Struggling to create healthy habits at work? Below are some tips that can help.
1. Request a standing desk. If your doctor approves it and it’s possible at your job, this will help your posture and help to prevent muscle tightness. Remember, “Sitting is the new smoking”.
2. Prep your meals. Take control over what you put in your body throughout the day. You are more likely to eat junk food when you wait to decide on a lunch or snack when you are really hungry.
3. If you do sit at a desk, get up and walk every 30-60 minutes if possible. Even if it’s just walking for 5 minutes to and from the bathroom it counts. If you follow tip number 4 you’ll have to go anyway.
4. Bring and keep a water jug. Staying hydrated is critical to our health and it’s easy to forget about drinking (and eating) when you are really focused on a task or project. Keep water with you at all times and sip on it every few minutes while working.
5. Get your workout done early in the morning. “Early birds gets the worm”. Studies have shown that people who workout early in the day have more energy at work than those who don’t. Sound crazy? Give it a shot for a week and you’ll see the difference.
Author: Mike Free, Founder of Grind Over Matter